Friday, March 29, 2013

Week 9, Spring Break is Here!


Week 9, Joy's Birthday and More!

On Saturday, Tom took the kids out to the Bulls Bay Nature Festival.  Our friend, Claudine, signed us up for several of the events.  THANK YOU CLAUDINE!
I wasn't able to go because of an unexpected funeral.
While they were there, they all got to go fishing!  Jake caughtt 2 fish and boy, was he excited!





Shane had to help Jake with getting the catfish in!

On Sunday, we celebrated Joy's 11th birthday.  She thought the Barbie cake was awesome!
I also made cupcakes for her to take to school on Mon (her real birthday).  She was on cloud nine!
We gave her a pair of sunglasses and a small necklace making kit.


This is the box that it came in! (Tom and Marta in the background)
 
I got it from B-Lo.  I think they did a pretty good job on it.  It was better than buying the kit and trying to make it myself.

The Barbie did not stay in the cake very long! 


I wanted to celebrate a day early because Tom was home.  He had to work on Mon. 


Opening Gift #1, a necklace making kit.


And here are the sunglasses.
Joy also got some birthday money in the mail from her grandparents.  She put it in her wallet with
her Chinese money that I had given her.  I know she'll give a big hug to her grandparents for the money
when she sees them on Easter Sunday.

On Tues, Jake and Joy had their first well check up with Dr. Powell, our pediatrian.
The kids did a wonderful job.  And thank you, Helen, for going with us!  You made it so much easier for them.  Helen had to explain to them that we were only going to the doctor's office, not the hospital. 


Waiting for our 1:30 appointment. 

He weighs 53 lbs.
  
  
"Let's check your height."

All went well at the doctor's appointment.  We weren't given any surprises!  :) 
Dr. Powell does want us to schedule a trip down to MUSC to have the kids checked out
by the International Adoption Clinic.   We'll probably get that set up sometime this coming week.


And now a few more random pictures from other moments this week.

Tom and Jake working in the compost garden.  Tom thinks we have watermelons growing in it.

Marta, our fairy.

Shane's book for the next 2 weeks.  I just checked it out from the libray on Mon and he's already on chapter 7.  He's been very interested in shooting lately and he enjoys hunting with my dad.  When I saw the young boy and the title, I thought we've got to get this book.  It's also a SC Award Book!
If you have a reluctant reader like we do, you may want to find this at your library.  I'm even enjoying it!


I'm still working on the alphabet and phonics with Jake and Joy.  I ran across this ABC book at church that I may use.  I really like it because it's a great way to teach about God and who He is.  I'll probably need to use the translator for explanations of each letter.




And last but not least, I want to say a big thank you to the Botero family for coming over this past Sat so that Tom and I could go on a date!  The kids had a great time!  You guys are a blessing to us!  We can't wait to see you again soon! :)

May God bless all of you over the Easter holiday!  Next week, week 10, and spring break pictures!

 


No comments: