Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week 5, 1 Month Home


Welcome to Week 5
 We've introduced basketball this week.  It's been fun.
Joy loves wearing caps during our relaxation times.  
This was a day when the sun was actually out!  The rain stopped one day.


There goes Jake!  This was one of his first attempts!





I also got to be a part of the Teddy Bear Picnic this week!
Thank you Marta, Mrs. McDowell and Mrs Shuler!




The picnic was in the cafeteria because it was raining almost the entire week.




This little book has helped me through this week!  I highly recommend it!






Marta took this picture of me this week.  I thought I should include it this week to show you that, yes, I am still alive!





                          Now, to count my blessings for this week:

1. I have a husband who wants to start our day off with doing a devotional and praying with me.

2. I have 5 beautiful children!  Three of them know God and are learning about Him daily.  Two of them are beginning to learn who God is and who Jesus is!

3. We have an public elementary school which all 3 younger kids are going to now and it's close to our house!

4. God's Spirit is moving and there is an element of peace starting to flow!

5. We have been able to get the 3 younger kids to school on time each morning!

6. I have had friends stop and listen this week about our trials, with bringing two children home from China, and they have prayed for us!

7. And last but not least....We have made a connection in Joy's class with a Chinese family.  The mother came to the US when she was 15 years old.  She is very interested and willing to help Jake and Joy learn English.  She is fluent in Chinese and English.  This past week she brought a Chinese lunch to Joy at school.  THANK YOU HELEN for your friendship and teaching!


I hope all of you reading have a great weekend!  Please continue to pray for the orphans in China and around the world.  Pray that God would move in the hearts of His people to help orphans as He has commanded us to do.
                           
Blessings,

1 comment:

kimjax said...

You look great, Amy, and it sounds like you've got some prayer warriors helping out. The kids are so cute!E