Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 7, The Playground & More


The Playground at Sullivan's Island

This past Saturday we went to the new and improved Sullivan's Island playground.
The 3 younger ones had a good time on a beautiful day!


                                                                                       
Marta!

Jake!


 
The Trio! (Picture 1)
These 3 are finding out that they have so much in common.

On Thursday morning before school, I found Joy fixing Marta's hair for school!  This was a huge blessing.
Then, on Friday morning, there they were again.  Joy was brushing Marta's hair and putting in pig tails.





The English word count as of today is.....?
A few of the things that they are now saying are,......
"Mom, bathroom!"   Which means, "Mom, I'm going to the bathroom."
"Please."
"Thank you."
"Let's go!"
"Strawberries."
"I like bread."
"One more."
"Wait."
"Blessing."  (which really means, "Please say a prayer with me before saying good night.")
"Milk."

The Trio (Picture 2)



The Trio (Picture 3)


Jake and Joy have been at Whitesides Elem for 5 weeks.  They have home work almost everyday, which has been assigned by the ESOL teacher.  We help them with it.  The teacher sees them for 1 hour each morning, from 8:00-9:00am and then she also sees them separately, once during the week, for 30 minutes.

 These are a few of the paper books that they have brought home this past week.

Next week I'll show you the stack that I got from the Village Library.  They have color and a bit more story!  I'm especially excited about the Peggy Post and Cindy Post Senning books! 
If you want to see them before next week, please visit The Emily Post Institute at www.emilypost.com.  


We are now getting in gear for Easter.  I've introduced our Resurrection Eggs and we've done a few egg hunts.  Spring Break follows immediately after Easter. 

Thank you again, to all, who are reading our blog and praying for us.  We can only make it through each day and week by God's marvelous hand working in our home.  


1 comment:

Jan said...

So glad you continue to update. I don't always comment, but I check here often! Everyone looks like they are doing so well. I know there are still challenges and work to do, but I am so happy Joy and Jake have a loving family to care for them! Check our blog for some good news! Jan