Friday, April 12, 2013

Week 11




 Chinese Jello tastes like sweet tea.  This was a treat from our friend, Helen.
Thanks Helen!






Marta ate it, but nobody else would, not even Jake and Joy.





Joy and Marta had a better week this week as you see.
Joy and Marta did Grace's make-up and then Joy did Marta's make-up.



So what makes a tough little girl come crying (almost) to her mama?
You guessed it, a hard fall on both knees in the street.
Joy was playing a game of tag with the new neighbors kid and Shane.  She fell when she was running across the street to avoid being tagged.
I was sitting on the edge of our yard and saw it happen.
After she fell, I wondered if she'd get up crying. 

As you see she recovered quickly and Marta was happy to play nurse.


I put 3 bandaids on one knee and 2 on the other.


These are our new neighbors.  Jaheim is a 5th grader and Asia is a 3rd grader.   They go to Whitesides! 
When we were in China, J & J showed discrimination toward Africans (we only saw a few). 
It's funny now how God has brought these delightful children into our lives and they live right across the street.  Since J & J have been going to school, they have not shown any ill behavior toward the 
African American children (at least not to my knowledge).  

The bugs are already bad (the knats).
Joy was able to rejoin the crew after the bandaids got put in place. 



I decided to add in a picture of myself this week to let you know, again that, yes, I am still alive.
I'm thankful that all 5 kids returned to school.  Spring break, however, did give me a picture of what summer could be like if I don't develop a plan.  Our bio kids (G & S) get out of school the end of May and the other 3 get out the 1st week in June.  I know that we'll have VBS in July, but that's all I've got on the calendar so far.



Someone took a picture of me cutting up the watermelon.  This will be one way to keep the kids happy this summer.....to make sure we have plenty of watermelon.  They love it!



Here's Joy being funny for the camera.



This is what Joy did to the watermelon.  She told me it was to much, but she ate every bite.




Thank you again to those who are praying for us!  It means the world to us and I know our Great God is hearing those prayers!  Please continue to pray for a deep element of peace to flow through our family.

If you are someone considering adopting, please take the leap of faith and do it!  God is with you always.
He will never leave you nor forsake you!




1 comment:

kimjax said...

Glad to see you survived spring break, lol! Great pics, Amy! You have a beautiful family. :)